That was dope! took a while to get to difficult stuff but there were some good puzzles by the end of it.
You control a small slime who is trying to collect gems in the underground. Dig through blocks to make your way through all 20 levels!
Made in 48 hours (though I started late) for Ludum Dare 48 ("Deeper and deeper").
You can destroy dirt and sand blocks, and push boxes, by selecting them with your mouse. Dirt is not affected by gravity, but sand is. Collect all the small gems in the level first, and then collect the large gem.
- mouse click to move the slime
- R: reset level
- M: toggle music
- I used vim to write all the code and based the initial engine code off the engine of a previous LD game.
- Graphics done with Aseprite, with the SimpleJPC-16 palette.
- Music made (in like 15 minutes) with PXTone.
- Sound effects made with the Magical 8 Bit VST.
- Levels created with Tiled and compiled into a simpler format using the ulvl Python library.
Check out my other games at cassowary.me!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
wish there was some kind of pathfinding thing so I could move and climb in one click, the game feels really slow, but the puzzles were fun and just the right difficulty!
It took me a while, but I finally solved all 20 levels! I really enjoyed the puzzle-solving aspect of your game. The music and SFX were just the right volume and didn't interfere with my puzzling. Very cute but simple concept! I really enjoyed interacting with the different kinds of blocks.